Monday, October 20, 2014

The 2014 Vancouver Writers Fest

I've got a fistful of tickets for the Vancouver Writers Fest and I'm getting on an airplane today, headed for my annual week on Granville Island. Yay! These are the authors I'll be seeing at 16 different events:

Rabih Alameddine, Ken Babstock
Marthe Baillie, Jacqueline Baker
Nadia Bozak, George Elliott Clarke
Michael Crummey, Maylis de Kerangal
Kris Demeanor, Cory Doctorow
Emma Donoghue, Charles Foran
Damon Galgut, Steven Galloway
Marie-Louise Gay, Fabian Gregoire
Cristina Henriquez, Thomas King
Karl Ove Knausgaard, Janice Lee
Ann-Marie MacDonald, Lee Maracle
Eimear McBride, Billeh Nickerson
Heather O'Neill, Mary Pinkoski
Kate Pullinger, Sinah Queyras
Tom Rachman, Sjon
Jane Smiley, Mariko Tamaki
Colm Toibin, Katherena Vermette
Richard Wagamese, Sarah Waters
Kathleen Winter, Tim Winton, and Patricia Young

Plus, an illustrious line-up of 15 poets at the Al Purdy Show, including George Bowering, Daphne Marlatt, Sharon Thesen, and Fred Wah.

There's a particularly strong showing from queer authors at the festival: I count at least eleven. The whole thing will be fabulous and I feel so lucky!

Blog postings may not be happening this week, so I invite you to follow me on twitter: @ReadingLindy

No comments: